Sunday 15 April 2012

Re-edited Palmer's Poster

© Kasumi Miyake 2012

I have changed the aesthetic of my latest developments as the product design appeared to conventional. Although the respondents said that the design I created was more appealing than the existing design, I felt that perhaps the product lacked a modern aesthetic by keeping to its traditional aesthetic too much. I have changed from using a predominantly brown hue colour to a more  golden shade utilising brighter colours. I have incorporated light green tones, orange and pink in order to create an uplifting, modern and fresh appearance as some of the feedback I had received touched upon the colour palettte.

I have adapted the initial poster aesthetic I had utilised in my early developments where I had concentrated on pink hues to fit my latest refined product design. I have employed golden hues (see above image) to convey the butteriness of the cocoa and organic visual elements to anchor the organic natural ingredients. The images below showcase my earlier developments, experimenting with colours and layers.


Earlier developments
© Kasumi Miyake 2012
© Kasumi Miyake 2012


© Kasumi Miyake 2012
© Kasumi Miyake 2012

I have produced another advert design to re-establish the brand in the market. Instead of focussing on the product design as the focal point like the advert at the top, I have focussed on establishing the new logo. This will enable consumers to recognise and become familiar with the new logo so that they can easily recognise the new product design. As the logo is rather simple, I have focussed on guiding the consumers to remember the logo by anchoring the logo with an product placement image on the bottom right hand corner of the advert.  I have experimented with different colour ways to see which would be most effective. The cream coloured seems to work best as it helps to enhance the logo image. By keeping to a simplistic design and utilising a minimal strap line the visual is aesthetically impacting and easy to remember.

© Kasumi Miyake 2012
© Kasumi Miyake 2012
© Kasumi Miyake 2012
© Kasumi Miyake 2012

© Kasumi Miyake 2012

© Kasumi Miyake 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment