Tuesday 24 April 2012

Project Developments

My mid-term tutorial feedback focussed on allowing myself to focus on refining my designs and prioritising my projects so that I could finish all the projects to the best standard in the time that I have left. 

I received positive feedback for my Cadbury, Zara and Palmer's project- just getting the final presentation finished. However, I still need to refine my Lung Cancer Awareness Project and Amazon Gift card service project.


CADBURY

Poster design
© Kasumi Miyake 2012

The earlier poster development I had was in the form of a square but considering that most posters are rectangular I have adapted the composition. I have rendered the bubbles by creating my own bubbles in Photoshop so that it would fit with the aesthetic of the floor projection animation.

Webpage delivery form
© Kasumi Miyake 2012
Likewise, I have applied the bubbles onto the webpage.
If I have time I could possibly animate the bubble so that they move around like the floor projections animation.

Interactive Floor Projection Animation
© Kasumi Miyake 2012

© Kasumi Miyake 2012
 
I have attempted to animated the bubbles to show that when a person steps onto the projection the bubbles will move away from the person. I have been finding it challenging to find a way to capture the right moving movement as if the bubbles are repelling the person. At the moment, I have only managed to get the all bubbles to float away gradually.


LUNG CANCER AWARENESS

Floor projection Beginning
© Kasumi Miyake 2012 
© Kasumi Miyake 2012

The Lung Cancer Awareness projection can be further adapted so that the visuals is more identifiable with lung cancer. At the moment the circle projection can be applied to any concept. 

I have considered changing the circles to lung shapes, but considering how the circles shrink, the visual would not be anchoring the message as the lung appear to get smaller, they will appear to look weaker.

I will need to find a solution to the visual aesthetic of the lung cancer projection so that people can easily recognise the projection is about lung cancer.



PALMER'S HAND CREAM REDESIGN

Poster design

© Kasumi Miyake 2012
© Kasumi Miyake 2012

I have made small refinements to the poster after critical feedback from Kathy, I have applied shadow to the products so that they appear more prominent and have rendered the typography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment