Saturday 21 April 2012

Cadbury Floor Projection Animation

I scheduled an IT tutorial with Andy Chong to seek advice on creating an animation that would demonstrate how my floor projection for the Cadbury project would work. I pitched my idea through all my visuals I have developed so far to explain how the concept works. He has advised me to use Motion5 software to animate the bubbles, logos and product.


As this software is new to me, I have found it challenging to navigate myself around the tools.   I gave myself a day to play around with the software to know what I could achieve with the programme. 


I have collaborated with Victoria to help me create the animation as she has had prior experience with the programme. She has helped a lot in teaching me the basics of the programme so that I could apply the techniques and render the animation. 


Below are some stills and videos demonstrating the development of the motion animation. 





1. Cadbury hue background
© Kasumi Miyake 2012

2. Cadbury tiled logo background
© Kasumi Miyake 2012
 The logo helps to anchor the product so that consumers can easily recognise and associate the chocolate bubbles to the brand.  However the tiled approach may appear too busy considering that the bubbles will be the main focus and will be animated throughout the animation. 

3. Single logo background.
© Kasumi Miyake 2012
 The single logo background is more simple and gets the consumer to look at the logo without being too distracting.  

© Kasumi Miyake 2012The bubbles with the Bubbly bar. I have also incorporated one of Dairy Milk's logo as well as an experiment.
4. Stills from sequence
© Kasumi Miyake 2012


© Kasumi Miyake 2012


© Kasumi MIyake 2012


© Kasumi Miyake 2012


© Kasumi Miyake 2012


© Kasumi Miyake 2012


Video sequence animation development


(I have been trying to upload the other videos but there has been technical failures).



Next steps to take:

I will need to refine the movement of the animated bubble so that they are more dispersed around the whole frame

I will need to organise the Bubbly bars to flow around the frame constantly so that throughout the whole sequence the product is viewed by the audience

I will need to demonstrate the movement of the bubbles when a person interacts with the projection. 

          - I could possibly achieve this through incorporating animated footprints to appear in 
            the clip

No comments:

Post a Comment