Monday 2 January 2012

Heineken design submitted


I recreated the design for the final Heineken bottle design again by drawing a bottle vector on Illustrator for the base of the image to create a more high quality image. The previous design was not of high quality due, having pixelated edges as I only based the bottle on the bottle image given by Heineken.


© Kasumi Miyake 2012


It has been my first time submitting a design entry via Facebook. I didn't know what to expect once I had uploaded my image. I received an email confirming that my entry was successful with a link to my bottle image that has been modified by the review team by adding the cap and logo onto my design. I was wondering how the current entries all had the same visual aesthetic for the bottle- this is how it was done! 

But to my surprise, the bottle designs also get rendered so that the design warps around the bottle. As I did not know this, my bottle design has been affected where the scale has been adjusted not to the scale I had anticipated (shown below).


I will need to adjust the scale of my design so that the star, brand name and pattern are not cut off considering that another design entry will appear on the other half of the bottle to create one finished product design. It's interesting to see how the competition entries are processed, you realise that you design entry may not actually be entirely completed when you submit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment